Protecting our St. Eugene Family
In the Classroom and On the Campus
Social distancing helps to limit the spread of COVID-19. St. Eugene will implement the following:
- Students are divided into 2 cohorts to reduce class sizes.
- Recess is limited to a small group at a time.
- Snacks will be enjoyed in class.
- Large gatherings (Back to School, programs, dances, etc) are cancelled until further notice.
- One-way entrances/exits will be designated.
- Middle school students will not switch classes. Rather, the teachers will switch.
- Desks will be placed at 6ft distances (hence the need for cohorts).
- Limit nonessential visitors and volunteers on campus. Anyone who is not an essential employee of St. Eugene will be asked to remain off campus.
- Students must be dropped off at the front door, where their temperature will be taken prior to entering campus.
- Students in grades TK-2 must wear face shields at all times.
- Students in grades 3-8 must wear face masks or face shields at all times.
- Faculty and Staff must wear face masks or face shields at all times.
- Students must have their own supplies. They will not be able to share materials with classmates.
- St. Eugene will enforce washing hands, while counting to 20, and using hand sanitizer.
- Portable hand sanitizers will be placed throughout the campus to support keeping hands germ-free.
- Anyone visiting the front office will need to stand, 6 ft apart, in the hall just outside of the office until it is their turn to speak with the Office Administration.
- Prior to the start of the year, all St. Eugene Faculty and Staff will be in-serviced on the heightened safety and health precautions.
Home and School Screenings
Home Screening– Prior to coming to school, the St. Eugene Family should conduct self-screenings and look for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
School Screenings– A St. Eugene Employee will be standing at the main door to administer no-contact temperature readings. Anyone who has a temperature of 100.7 or higher will not be allowed on campus until the temperature has been normal for at least 24 hours. Students will be asked health questions upon entering campus and once on campus, will be sent directly to class.
Anyone who has been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 must remain at home until cleared by a physician to return to campus. In the meantime, the student may engage in Distance Learning so as not to miss instruction.
Plan to Address Positive COVID-19 Cases
If any member of the St. Eugene Family tests positive for COVID-19 and has exposed others at school, St. Eugene will implement the following:
- In consultation with the Assistant Superintendent, St. Eugene Administration may consider whether school closure is necessary and for what length of time, based on the risk level.
- St. Eugene Family will be advised to follow CDC guidelines for home isolation
- ALL areas where the positive COVID-19 case lingered will be temporarily closed until those areas are disinfected and thoroughly cleaned.